Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /home/customer/www/


Questions about how addressing is done, posting an address, obtaining an address, etc.

What about mail that goes to my old address?

The Postal Service will continue to deliver to your old address for a period of up to one year after you are issued a 9-1-1 address. It is your responsibility to contact everyone you correspond with to provide them your new address. This includes the tax office, banks, magazine subscriptions, utility companies, and all others that send you any mail. The United States Postal Service (USPS) has address change forms that may be used for this purpose.

I think that my address may be incorrect or is out of sequence with my neighbors, who do I contact?

Contact the Talladega County 9-1-1 Business Office 256.761.9119 with as much information as possible about your address and your neighbors. Ex. Your address, your neighbors address on both sides.

Do I have to change my address on my drivers license, vehicle tag, checks, and deed right away?

No, as with correspondence, change when it is time to renew (drivers license, vehicle tag) or re-order (checks). A deed has a legal description of the property in question and therefore a 9-1-1 address does not effect that document in any way.

How can I change my street name?

You must contact the 9-1-1 Business Office to request a Road Name change. 

This petition must be unanimous among seventy-five percent (75%) of the property owners who own property abutting the road as verified by Talladega County Tax Records. Once the petition is completed and verified that the requested name is not a duplicate or similar sounding name, letters will be sent to notify property owners and/or residents of their new address.


Subscribe to RSS - Addressing