Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /home/customer/www/


Questions about how addressing is done, posting an address, obtaining an address, etc.

What do I need to do to get a new street named?

Prior approval is required for all new street names within Talladega County. A new street name must not duplicate or closely resemble the name of an existing street. A street name approval form must be completed and returned to the Talladega County 9-1-1 Business Office. The address is as follows:

Talladega County 9-1-1 
PO Drawer J
Talladega, AL 35161

What is a private drive?

A private drive is any road, path or driveway which serves 5 or more addressable structures and is not maintained by a governmental entity or agency through the use of public funds.

The street sign is missing, who will put a new one up?

Where you live determines what government entity maintains street signage. If you live within the city limits of a municipality, that municipality maintains those street signs. If you live outside a municipality, Talladega County maintains those street signs. No matter where you live, you can always contact the Talladega County 9-1-1 Business Office to report any issue with street signs and we will contact the appropriate government entity. Submit a report of damaged or missing street signs here


Subscribe to RSS - Addressing